A Song of Wisdom

I came forth from the mouth of the Most High, and cover’d the earth as a mist.
I dwelt in high places, and my throne is in the pillar of the cloud.
Alone I compassed the circuit of heav’n, and walk’d in the depth of the abyss.
In the waves of the sea, and in all the earth, and in ev’ry people and nation, I got a possession, with all these I sought rest.
And I took root in a people that was glorified, in the portion of the Lord’s own inheritance.
I was exalted like a cedar in Libanus, and as a cypress on the mountains of Hermon.
I was exalted like a palm tree on the sea shore, and as a fair olive tree in the plain.
And my branches are branches of glory and grace, and my flow’rs are the fruit of glory and riches.
Come unto me, ye that are desirous of me, and be ye filled with my fruits.
And I came out as a stream from a river, I said, I will water my garden, and will water abundantly my garden bed;
And lo, my stream became a river, and my river became a sea.
For my thoughts are fill’d from the sea, and my counsel from the great deep.

Ecclesiasticus 24